• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wheel tightener for chair.

Chris Allcock

Hey everyone.

Just got my chair out the shed and one of the wheel tighteners is missing, shit on it!! Its a middy 30plus robo chair, which imho is a really robust lightweight chair, and extremely comfortable. Anyways after me babbling on does anyone know if you can get replacements. Before I start drilling and bolting.
Thanks in advance.

The widest part of the thread is about 23/24mm and the overall size of the wheel is 75 mm.
A better way to measure it.
Measure the male threaded side
You want the outside diameter which I think you’ve given.
you want the width of the thread itself
And you want the number of threads per inch. If you haven’t got an inch then do half an inch and double it.
that will confirm for definite if it’s going to fit

OD is 24mm
Width of thread at widest part 3.5mm
Just over 5 threads in half an inch so 10.5 TPI.
that’s mine.
A51C671B-8E2A-4CD0-A8AD-37BD944F2FBB.jpeg
FBA61992-B610-4FB7-8F17-87BA400E1AB3.jpeg
7AF290D0-4F3F-4E67-BC77-65CC59CEC295.jpeg

They were almost certainly gonna be the same.
it’s gonna be the same Chinese factory turning them out by the thousand and just sticking different labels on the side.

I’ve got one of those digital calipers Richard, now I’m not an engineer, far from it, my Dad used to cry if I picked up a screwdriver but what a handy bit of kit!..not a posh one like yours but I picked it up from Aldi, Workzone model, get’s mainly used for measuring monofilament and other bits of fishing gear..Cost me all of £7:99 😲

I’ve got one of those digital calipers Richard, now I’m not an engineer, far from it, my Dad used to cry if I picked up a screwdriver but what a handy bit of kit!..not a posh one like yours but I picked it up from Aldi, Workzone model, get’s mainly used for measuring monofilament and other bits of fishing gear..Cost me all of £7:99 😲
Couldn’t be without mine bill. Used all the time just checking stuff
It’s got to be over 25 yr old now when mitutoyo were manufacturing them here.

I’ve got one of those digital calipers Richard, now I’m not an engineer, far from it, my Dad used to cry if I picked up a screwdriver but what a handy bit of kit!..not a posh one like yours but I picked it up from Aldi, Workzone model, get’s mainly used for measuring monofilament and other bits of fishing gear..Cost me all of £7:99
I got one of those Bill, comes in handy for accuracy when posting Dick Pics on Facebook :oops:

Back