• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cuda Braid Scissors 3" Micro

Paul Richardson

Senior Member & Supporter
I got a pair of these a few years ago in the USA and by far the best braid scissors I've ever had and still going strong
The are very small so fit in the tackle box easily but cut any braid very cleanly which I need as I use a lot of soft hooklinks that can fray easily on the cut.
Conscious that all the other spares I have ( ESP, Nash, Korda) could no longer cut butter I looked for a replacement pair on Amazon
The Cuda ones are on Amazon at £3.60 pair ( carriage free if you have Prime). They didn't have many left but it said more stock arriving soon
I paid about $10 in the States so this is a bargain for the quality. They are blue so no carp-tax.
Hope this helps

Now out of stock. I obviously didn’t read this thread quickly enough!

As a matter of interest, Paul, can you remember which store you got them from in America? If it was Bass Pro, I’ll make sure I have a look when I’m next over there on holiday.

Dave

As a matter of interest, Paul, can you remember which store you got them from in America? If it was Bass Pro, I’ll make sure I have a look when I’m next over there on holiday.

Dave
It was Walmart David although Bass Pro will have had them for sure along with an aisle of alternative braid scissors😆
I was all booked for November but reckon two chances of getting there- fat & slim

Yeah, I should have been in Florida earlier this month but that was kiboshed, just need to get the airfares back now..... Trying again next April although the Donald seems to be doing his best to put the mockers on that one too. Still, we can but hope; otherwise there’s always the following year even if I will be 70 by then!

Dave

I have cheap and cheerful but nonetheless very efficient Fladen braid scissors and can't fault them (I get them super cheap as I own a tackle shop:rolleyes:) seriously though they are superb;)

Yeah, I should have been in Florida earlier this month but that was kiboshed, just need to get the airfares back now..... Trying again next April although the Donald seems to be doing his best to put the mockers on that one too. Still, we can but hope; otherwise there’s always the following year even if I will be 70 by then!

Dave
Who were you flying with Dave? We were due to fly out April 27th with Virgin, still trying to get a refund from them, threatened to escalate if not done by the end of May and they haven't bothered to reply yet! Still hoping that our October trip may happen but more likely to be next year before we get back out there, on the plus side they may have opened up snook and redfish again by then.

Steve,

We are with Virgin as well and haven’t heard anything since asking for a refund (rather than an ‘open ticket’) over three weeks ago. Hope you manage to get away in October.

Dave

I have a Nash pair and they are ok but you certainly notice they lose their edge after a couple of seasons.
Cheers for the recommendation post Paul I’m gonna get a pair of those.
Titanium blades are gonna keep an edge way better than these carbon steel versions for sure.

Steve,

We are with Virgin as well and haven’t heard anything since asking for a refund (rather than an ‘open ticket’) over three weeks ago. Hope you manage to get away in October.

Dave

Dave,

Keep chasing them, it took me weeks to get a refund claim number out of them after I turned down the open ticket option. When I reminded them that they had 7 days to issue a refund under EC261 this was the reply I got
"Dear Customer

Thank you for your email.

We’re very sorry for the delay in processing your refund claim.

The European law which obligates payment within seven days is Regulation (EC) No 261/2004. However, the European Commission and the UK enforcement body - the CAA - have both acknowledged that refunds in this current situation will take longer given the huge volume and resource available and they are encouraging passengers to rebook or accept travel vouchers where possible.

We are working hard to get through refunds applications as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience and support."

This is BS, the law hasn't changed and they are still obliged to do the refund ASAP. If they continue to ignore my latest email giving them until the end of the month I'll start a section 75 claim through my credit card.

Steve

Who were you flying with Dave? We were due to fly out April 27th with Virgin, still trying to get a refund from them, threatened to escalate if not done by the end of May and they haven't bothered to reply yet! Still hoping that our October trip may happen but more likely to be next year before we get back out there, on the plus side they may have opened up snook and redfish again by then.
I dread to think how much air fares will be when we can get back to some sort of nomallity the main season air fares were so reasonable ( thank you Freddie Laker ) and the amount of people flying

Dave
Yes your right they did show out of stock but you could still order them !!
So I did and today Amazon delivered my 2 pairs total cost for the 2 pairs delivered was £8.19 you can never have to many pairs of scissors or baiting needles

Attachments

• cuda.jpg
    cuda.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Back