• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lockdown watching

Hi men ,

Cliff , he showed us the tannery bit in town , and another bit , so much water so little time . It was a fantastic few years visiting the area fishing for the chub , and mullet in the harbour . We stayed in the bat&bull a couple of times , fished the bits before Fordinbridge before they became a syndicate , and the recreation ground . Lovely pubs , and the forest right on the edge of the river . We stayed in a caravan in the garden of a b+b on the edge of the forest at a place call roundgreen , and had deer wake us up early in the mornings right outside the door , happy days .

Hatter

Just wondering if anyone has got a copy of the TV program South of Watford from the 1980's the one with Lee Jackson, Gerry Savage and a few others fishing Walthamstow reservoir's.

Hi men

Hi Dave , iv got it on VHS tape 😄. That was shot at walthamstow ressys after a CAA meeting . Rob Maylin told me it was going to happen , and I think he wanted to be a part of it . In fact he got into a bit of it , looking after Lee Jackson's rod etc . I think you can get it on YouTube , iv seen it linked before on Facebook carp pages .

Hatter

Hi men ,

In fact a year later we bumped into another video star , the river keeper Tom Williams . We were sat in a pub at Downton when a couple of smelly wet dogs came into the bar and laid down by the roaring fire . The barman said they are old Toms dogs , he would follow , and he poured him a pint ready 🙂. Later on Tom recommended a little stretch for us to try , what a character

Hatter

A little breath of fresh air that was.

Hi men

Hi Dave , iv got it on VHS tape 😄. That was shot at walthamstow ressys after a CAA meeting . Rob Maylin told me it was going to happen , and I think he wanted to be a part of it . In fact he got into a bit of it , looking after Lee Jackson's rod etc . I think you can get it on YouTube , iv seen it linked before on Facebook carp pages .

Hatter
Mark I've looked on YouTube but can't find it😟 so if anyone has got a link that would be great.

Not fishing related...but have just watched 'Tiger King' on Netflix.

It's about a documentary about a gun-toting, mullet sporting, red neck zoo-keeper who literally owns hundreds of tigers.

It's the weirdest thing I've watched since some of the early Louis Theroux docs.

Americans really are a x@$%#£-up nation...I never knew they are more Tigers in captivity in the US than there are in the wild. As a measure of how weird the people in the program are, the real life character who inspired the character Tony Montana in the film Scarface is probably the most normal person in the program..

It's a fantastic watch Joe, absolutely bonkers.
We share a common language but I think it about ends there.
I'm not a carp angler but could watch and listen to Terry Hearn all day - clever angler and a natural storyteller

It's a fantastic watch Joe, absolutely bonkers.
We share a common language but I think it about ends there.
I'm not a carp angler but could watch and listen to Terry Hearn all day - clever angler and a natural storyteller

The Terry H/ESP videos really are very well done. I'm slightly biased in that i use ESP kit extensively and know one of the guys there but the videos are very good. The one on the Drennan Estate lake is particularly atmospheric.

What
Hi men ,

In fact a year later we bumped into another video star , the river keeper Tom Williams . We were sat in a pub at Downton when a couple of smelly wet dogs came into the bar and laid down by the roaring fire . The barman said they are old Toms dogs , he would follow , and he poured him a pint ready 🙂. Later on Tom recommended a little stretch for us to try , what a character

Hatter
What a wonderfully evocative film ;)

Hi men ,

Hatter

Thanks for sharing this... Not ashamed to say it made me a bit emotional. The Hants Avon i remember as an eight year old kid, when I first started to ‘get it’ when my dad used to take me. The quote in the Eel part will stay with me for a long time too, genius!

Tiger king is without doubt the weirdest but also one of the most compelling tv shows I have ever seen. After living in the US for 10 years I can assure you they are the exception not the rule. It is unfortunately a large exception.

Enjoying the links on this thread. Reminds me of the few things I miss about England., summer evenings barbel fishing, fall rivers, winter float fishing for chub and grayling and spring lakes......

On Paul Garner's YouTube channel there's 4 videos(just over an hour in total) where he's sat on the banks of the River Severn chatting with the maestro, Lawrence Breakspear. It's a really enjoyable and informative watch👍

In such a critical and clinical world, Yates is just great!

In such a critical and clinical world, Yates is just great!

I listened to an interview with someone involved with the Reflections film with Chris Yates and Martin Bowler. There’s a shot early-ish on when he’s float fishing a prawn, on his knees, poised, concentrating and ready to strike. Apparently he remained in the position they filmed him in for a couple of hours (after they’d stopped shooting).

I’m 37 and relatively fit & healthy, but I couldn’t have sat like that for more than 20 mins....

The bloke is like an angling Mr Miyagi...

Back