• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

GO Outdoors

Do you think it's going to be a national close down. My local GOOutdoors "upstairs" looked sparse yesterday, I put it down to building a new camping display but it may have been a deconstruction??

I hope they survive, it's a local shop you can walk round and not a web page you browse!

I dont have a GO Outdoors anywhere near where I live but I remember passing one once and stopped and looked around found a couple of bits when I went to pay they asked for a discount card ? when I didnt have one they wanted to charge me for one ? what a joke told them to stick it where the sun dont shine bought it elsewhere AND cheaper no wonder they are going skint

I believe Go Outdoors have taken over Fishing Republic. FR shut their stores for a while they were relocated, as they are now mostly re-opened it could be that GO are only selling tackle through FR.

I dont have a GO Outdoors anywhere near where I live but I remember passing one once and stopped and looked around found a couple of bits when I went to pay they asked for a discount card ? when I didnt have one they wanted to charge me for one ? what a joke told them to stick it where the sun dont shine bought it elsewhere AND cheaper no wonder they are going skint

The discount card works out great value for money if you have a local GoOutdoors.

I have absolutely rinsed them over the years with their ‘price match plus 10% off’ deal.

Sod knows why they do the price matching thing because they are never the cheapest on anything!

The discount card works out great value for money if you have a local GoOutdoors.

I have absolutely rinsed them over the years with their ‘price match plus 10% off’ deal.

Sod knows why they do the price matching thing because they are never the cheapest on anything!

SPECIAL20 ... A discount code for GoOutdoors .

Think its one if those flash sale things.

You can’t use it In the Fishing Republic located in our Goutdoors

I've also had good discounts on all sorts with their price match less 10%

My latest was a sonik black beachcaster which retails at about <£80 that I got for about £60

THE 20% off FLASH sale code I posted is now finished

Yeah I tried for a Rab jacket only to be told it was ready for collection then it wasn't in stock. That was a good deal that xtra 20%

Do go outdoors supply a free cuppa a bit of banter and the run down on the local hot spots.
Advise the visiting angler which ticket to get or where you really have a chance of a fish?
No they bloody don't. They should all be shut down so your local tackle shop run by an angler for an angler can make a profit and sell stuff like maggots.
Support your local shop they are worth a lot more than the discount the card might give you.

I always try my local tackle shop first, if they don't have it or can't get it for when I need it, I go elsewhere.

Shut them down is a bit harsh, they also sell camping gear, bicycles, walking apparel, caravanning equipment etc. In fact, the fishing tackle side of things is quite small compared to the rest of the categories and I wouldn't consider using most of it.

They also employ, I'd guess, hundreds if not thousands of people nationwide.

Back