• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Your favourite Blockend feeders

The Heavies have arrived from Paul Fisk, great quality. Best £30 I've spent in a while 👍🙂
20200123_205749.jpg

These half breeds worked well on an Autumn Wye trip for me, get your pellet mush/groundbait to the right consistency and you end up still bringing a small amount back in the feeder after a 30 min cast, which is what you want, in my book. They work out between £1.60 - £1.70 per unit depending on the weight you choose. The Korum combis or other main brand ones are great, but not if you’re losing a few in the rocks.

I really like the Korum Clamshell ones for early season maggot feeder work, but they’re pricey and always seem to end up in trees, law of sod... When I do feeder fish, I mostly use the flat drennan ones as they’re readily available at my tackle shops of choice.

I can honestly say in all the years I have been fishing, I have never ever bought a feeder... I always make my own, or use the ones that I find when either walking the banks or fishing.

Maybe I am just a tight Yorkshireman, but I cant see the value in buying something that (at least in the rivers I fish ) is inevitibly going to end up stuck fast in a snag .

There are so many things in a recycling tub that decent feeders can be made from, plus, lead strip is equally as good as any "deadcow" sinker weights .

When fishing with companions who use shop boughts, there is no difference in catch numbers from mine or theirs.

I do understand however, that a lot of anglers do not have the time, or even the facilities to make their own feeders , so obviously there is a market for them.

David

Years ago my local tackle shop used to stock a certain feeder that was just brilliant beyond brilliant.
They never came in heavy sizes but for the little beck we used to fish as kids for grayling and chub they were perfect.
I Can’t for the life of me remember the manufacturer but they were slim, green and the cap was a screw on cap that went on the bottom so you could remove the cap completely to fill.
The weight was set right into the feeder not slapped on the back so it would hang dead straight and not kick off to one side.
Best feeders I have ever used by a mile for the smaller waters where 1 oz is plenty but haven’t seen them about in shops or on line for many many years.

Years ago my local tackle shop used to stock a certain feeder that was just brilliant beyond brilliant.
They never came in heavy sizes but for the little beck we used to fish as kids for grayling and chub they were perfect.
I Can’t for the life of me remember the manufacturer but they were slim, green and the cap was a screw on cap that went on the bottom so you could remove the cap completely to fill.
The weight was set right into the feeder not slapped on the back so it would hang dead straight and not kick off to one side.
Best feeders I have ever used by a mile for the smaller waters where 1 oz is plenty but haven’t seen them about in shops or on line for many many years.
Thamesly Feeders, I used to buy loads of them at a time and used them on every river I fished. I've still got some of them in the garage in the two sizes. Maggot and hemp on the rivers and still works today when I can be bothered with river fishing. Best two Barbel baits for the feeders for getting Barbel in the swim and easy fish to catch once they get their heads down on the bait with either bait on the hook.

Back