• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River monitoring apps.

Sadly on my local river with all the abstraction the highest level this Winter on the station gauge was only 10 cm above summer low levels and that only lasted a couple of hours. It never seems to flood any more, the river needs a good flush through.At least I know I can turn up and fish without any worries

Environment Agency for me,gives levels for the previous 4 days and on some rivers the predicted levels for the next day or so,great app 👍 👍👍
Also got the weather apps as well so you can check out the predicted rainfall as well
91CC9611-713B-43DC-AB34-38EA116F6C5E.jpeg

My local station does not show predictions, so I also view a station several miles up stream. If this has risen in the last 24 hours I know my section is due to rise.

I use the EA .gov ones. If you have an iPhone, you can save websites straight to your home screen through Safari. Just go on the site, click the little icon at the bottom (box with arrow) and select ‘Save to home screen’. Viola. Levels, club forum, bfw at the touch of a button! View attachment 9929

I like this idea Alex. Thank you.
I use Android, so for anyone else also on this platform I have found this explaining how to do it:

Another vote for river levels.
I really like the fact you can download the long term data, which shows the max and min levels of the monitoring station daily for the last 10 years or so, really useful if know the date of your previous trips or have a photo on your phone and want to check what the level was on that day.

Back