• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Your favourite Blockend feeders

Richard Garbett

Open end groundbait feeders seem to be getting very popular the last few years, but where I fish on the middle Severn, Groundbait seems (to me) a waste of time.
So I'm more of a blockend feeder fan, Kamasan Blackcaps and big Drennan ones in particular.
What are your favourites? (I want to purchase some new heavy ones, so want to see what's out there🙂)

Open end groundbait feeders seem to be getting very popular the last few years, but where I fish on the middle Severn, Groundbait seems (to me) a waste of time.
So I'm more of a blockend feeder fan, Kamasan Blackcaps and big Drennan ones in particular.
What are your favourites? (I want to purchase some new heavy ones, so want to see what's out there🙂)
I love kamasan black caps, I have always used them and will always use them, cheap as you like, plus I make my own leads that I drill and zip tie to them. Happy days.

I like the Korum mesh block end feeders. They are big feeders that you can fit plenty of maggots into so great for winter imo when you don't want to be casting in regularly. They are a little pricey though!

Another for the Korum Mesh feeders, far better than the old ones, had my biggest catch in years using these last summer.

Korum combi feeders.
excellent items. Use as a block or open ended. Black caps are great as are the drennan flat backs. I don’t think bad feeders really exist any more nowadays like they used to. I’ve got one or two really horrible things still kicking about in a drawer somewhere from years ago.

Black caps for me. Most with extra home made leads attached. Some with slots to deliver hemp seed and caster. However I mainly use groundbait feeders nowadays.

Woody's of Hereford do a selection of purpose made weights that can replace the original black cap weights . I think you might need to pre order as a fella makes them in batches i believe.

Picked up these 4oz Korum combi feeders today. Just the job👍
20200121_212258.jpg

Back