• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flavours and quantity for meat

Ray Heath

I normally flavour my meat with garlic granuals how much granuals would you put to a can of meat as just wondered if I use more than I should
Also if I use paprika and chilli would a tsp of each to a can be ok
Anyone use different flavours

Ray, if you have cut your meat into cubes you obviously have a bigger surface area for the flavours to stick to and get absorbed. I generally use a level tea spoon and leave at least overnight. Not sure it is critical though.

Optispice. Best flavour I've ever used on meat for chub & barbel. Used to be sold by Tony Miles and Trefor West through their Action Baits company but now I have the recipe. A very strong garlic type flavour but with a subtle cinnamon back note.

Hi men ,

I would have a look at this stuff as well .

Iv used it to coat baits , then dusted with matching c-stim powder , got everything going for it 😉.

Hatter

Optispice. Best flavour I've ever used on meat for chub & barbel. Used to be sold by Tony Miles and Trefor West through their Action Baits company but now I have the recipe. A very strong garlic type flavour but with a subtle cinnamon back note.
A fellow angler gave me some of his optispice meat on the middle severn some years ago,it was brilliant, never saw him again,any chance of a clue to the recipe 😉

Plus Cajun seasoning and Thai fish sauce. Lots of others - fenugreek, RH secret agent, cheese powder and on and on.
Meat is roughed up as in picture above.

This stuff is great on meat:

Once coated, just freeze it and it really draws in the flavour and colour. The meat stays red too, inc when its been in the river for long periods!

Back