• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFAMY.

Strange I thought they had all but vanished. Poddy now lives in the Rockies of Colrarado and fly fishes. Ousemiester moved to Spain. The six fingerd one gave up fishing and just plays golf. Chunky still fishes for Barbel mind you, all good anglers but just wind up merchants.

Strange I thought they had all but vanished. Poddy now lives in the Rockies of Colrarado and fly fishes. Ousemiester moved to Spain. The six fingerd one gave up fishing and just plays golf. Chunky still fishes for Barbel mind you, all good anglers but just wind up merchants.

Very good anglers indeed.....think there were 3 river records held by them at one point or another......though their site was never about fishing.........just p*** taking

Tony and Kevin, looking back over years there was a scathing attack on the both of you , well 2 canes especially from the legend that is Bob Roberts, blimey that bloke had no filter..... there were many dust ups, and made for an entertaining evening or two, even the now almost defunct Anglers Net had a few moments..
But BFAMW was just weird, like to think I have a sense of humour but couldn't understand why some perfectly reasonable good natured blokes morphed into nut jobs.:oops:
Mind you I can understand some of that, when I see the doe eyed grovelling around the legend that is Chris Yates , (and he really is) it makes me queasy.

Tony and Kevin, looking back over years there was a scathing attack on the both of you , well 2 canes especially from the legend that is Bob Roberts, blimey that bloke had no filter..... there were many dust ups, and made for an entertaining evening or two, even the now almost defunct Anglers Net had a few moments..
But BFAMW was just weird, like to think I have a sense of humour but couldn't understand why some perfectly reasonable good natured blokes morphed into nut jobs.:oops:
Mind you I can understand some of that, when I see the doe eyed grovelling around the legend that is Chris Yates , (and he really is) it makes me queasy.

I've never considered those two anglers to be legends.....in fact any angler with a modicum of fame is at the end of the day....an angler 🤷‍♂️

Is "legend" one step up, or one step down from "celebrity"?? I know they're both at least one step up from "influencer", but that f'in question keeps me awake some nights. Right, back to my magazines ... I've got 'OK!', 'Hello!' and 'Life & Style' to get through ....

I once came across Chunky and his mate fishing the Teme. They were standing, shoulder to shoulder, on top of a high bank a fair old way above the river. They'd both got 2 rods out, set up beachcaster style, with 4 baits below big feeders, fishing a small area of water. Ah, so that's where I was going wrong. Westie would spin in his grave .................................................................. if he was dead 😂

I once came across Chunky and his mate fishing the Teme. They were standing, shoulder to shoulder, on top of a high bank a fair old way above the river. They'd both got 2 rods out, set up beachcaster style, with 4 baits below big feeders, fishing a small area of water. Ah, so that's where I was going wrong. Westie would spin in his grave .................................................................. if he was dead 😂
Can't say I've ever seen him fish the teme like that....🤥
But it must work for him, the three 13lb plus fish he had off the teme must not be shy😂

I think Chris Yates is a beautiful writer. So enjoy his books.

Tony 2C has been a good mate for years. As for the other one...2B☠

Did anyone work out who our Jeff the Severn Slayer was?

I think Chris Yates is a beautiful writer. So enjoy his books.

Tony 2C has been a good mate for years. As for the other one...2B☠

Did anyone work out who our Jeff the Severn Slayer was?
Simply the best angling writer of them all. Read all his books several times,they never get tiresome. The next best thing to actually going fishing,along with just playing with your tackle in the garden :p

For me the book that captures the essence of why fishing is so enjoyable is A Dream of Jewelled Fishes by John Aston, worth a read especially as Mr a Yates is a fan as well...😉

Back