• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

13 ft rod holdall

Gary Wagstaff

looking for 2 or 3 rod holdall for my 13 ft korum 2.5 tc barbel rods any suggestions.
thanks gary

Depending on your budget Cotswold Aquarius do a couple of holdalls for 2 or 3 13ft rods. I've got a few bits of their luggage and it's really good quality although I'm still not sure it isn't over priced.

Aqua 4 or 5 rod quiver, with with 3/4 sleeves. I use the 5 rod as if I need a brolly it fits in easy with 2 Barbel rods a spod/spopper rod, delks on sticks and Frennan landing net pole etc.

I'm after a bag for 13ft 2 piece rods, but not a ready rod type, just a plain good old fashion holdall to put tubes in, it doesn't take that long to set up & take down rods, I worry with them in sleeves that they will be damaged, also several sleeves have the zip doing up around the reel, can catch line without realizing. Any suggestions for such a holdall?

I'm after a bag for 13ft 2 piece rods, but not a ready rod type, just a plain good old fashion holdall to put tubes in, it doesn't take that long to set up & take down rods, I worry with them in sleeves that they will be damaged, also several sleeves have the zip doing up around the reel, can catch line without realizing. Any suggestions for such a holdall?

Most match type luggage tops out at 1.95m, you'd need something 2m long to comfortably take a 2 piece 13' rod in a tube. I suspect that you be trying to find a needle in a haystack. If you are using tubes, I'd suggest that you look for a proper quiver with a decent sized central compartment. Put the tubes in that and allow them to stick out of the top rather than putting them on the side. It's what I've resorted to with a couple of 13' Freespirit float rods.

Freespirit float rod, go on? Must admit, the cheap holdall i bought on eb was fine for protection and probably caperable of carrying more than six rod tubes. I have my rod rest on one side and 2 rods ready for set up the other.

Back