• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Looking for old BBC River Ure video - A Wild Yorkshire River 2006-07 Shorts

Julian Marshall

I've tracked down the title but hopes of it being on youtube haven't materialised. The BBC have it listed bu there is no access to it that I can find.
A Wild Yorkshire River
Wild 2006-07 Shorts
A personal portrait by naturalist Brian Moreland of Wensleydale's river Ure in North Yorkshire. Behind the magnificent cascades and waterfalls, there lies a secret side. Brian has spent most of his life alongside the river. It has given him the chance to witness wildlife and natural events that normally remain unseen. In these waters swim mysterious sea lampreys, strong enough to move the rocks around the river bed, while shoals of courting barbel breed nearby.
Is there any chance you might have a copy. VHS tape would be fine!
Thanks, Julian

Julian,Fished the upper Ure with Brian in the early 70's for Barbel, on what were fly/trout only waters,he had some good contacts and stayed in touch for a time .I am aware of the above and its contents, if I can help with any thing specific you are looking,for will try and help.

Thanks a lot for the replies. Will hopefully be going up there in a few weeks. I expect there is a good chance he may have a copy so will try & pop to the lakes. It is a lovely film & I'm sure I had it but must have done the dreaded tape over thing. I remember the earthmovers driving across the river!
Best wishes Julian

Back