• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

greys prodigy txl barbel 2lb

Jason Bean

looking at a new rod that wont break the bank with push in tips. I've had the xflites since they first came out and while they are ok they're a bit heavy in the hand and plus ive now bust 2 of the push in tips.

I'm looking at the txl and wondered if anyone has one and what they reckon to it?

or if there is anything else out there in that price range in 2lb ratings?

thanks

however after contacting greys(pure fishing) they only sell spares through ebay..so perhaps not such a good company to buy from now

TFC classic 2lb big river 12ft rod. Beautifully made, Cork handle and a light blank. This is the heaviest poundage rod i own. Comes with two top sections, 1 standard Avon and the other a quiver tip. Brilliant though action. Had some right pigs with it. Fishtec on eBay has some ex-display for £41 delivered. If they have run out non-display ones go for about £58 delivered. I bought 2 a couple of years back and found no fault with the rods at all. Like i said very well made rods well worthy of double the money. Would make a good flood rod.

I've also got the TFG big river rods and also the 1.5 test curve have been using them now for a few seasons on the river and also the 2.0 for Bream and Tence fishing as mentioned good build quality for what they cost.

Back