• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Winter scenic photo competition

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Bearing in mind that the fishing is pretty tough going at the moment, maybe we can enjoy the beautiful weather on the riverbank in other ways. The fantastic light today has made me wish I was a better photographer! So...

How about posting your own winter scenic/riverside photos here and we'll run a poll when we have a few entries for the best one. A small BFW prize for the winner, but I guess the main aim is to enjoy each others efforts...

Who's brave enough to post first....

Andy F

Winter sunset from the Dee.
IMG_0241.jpg

Sorry I can't remember how to post a picture. It's that long since I caught a Barbel worth sharing with you all.
Could some one point me in the right direction please.

Last edited:
020.jpg

A cool morning on the river Dee

Hi Scaz,

I don't think you can link straight to a Photobucket image so I downloaded it and added it to your post as an attachment.

To do this, you just click the 'Manage attachments' button in the options below the post you are making. You can then upload your image and it'll appear as it does about.

Really loving some of these shots...

Cheers,

Andy F

snowman.jpg

snowman 2.jpg
heres one chilly chap i encountered today :) probably catches more than me too !

Hi Scaz,

I don't think you can link straight to a Photobucket image so I downloaded it and added it to your post as an attachment.

To do this, you just click the 'Manage attachments' button in the options below the post you are making. You can then upload your image and it'll appear as it does about.

Really loving some of these shots...

Cheers,

Andy F
Thanks Andy
Your right there are some great shots and I suspect there will be a lot more.

DSC00199.jpg

my favorite winter grayling swim on the wharfe - cast just beyond the marginal ice- bites usually come just before the nearside tree downstream.

Last edited:
Back