• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wading/Trotting Net

Vince Maddock

Members,

I'm looking for recommendations for a landing net to be used whilst wading and trotting in a medium sized river (the Tees), although a 10lb fish is a rare beast It obviously still needs to be big enough for a decent fish.

Thanks

Vince

I use a folding abu net, similar to this snowbee one. I clip it onto my belt whilst wading ....

I also have one with a solid net head, same as this one....

I clip my normal net and long handle to either a D Ring on my vest or onto my chest wader straps with a Gear Keeper extender , the gear keeper is attached to the handle of the landing net with a long velcro strap which can slide up and down the handle but not slip off the end of the handle so when I land a fish I unlock the extender and use the net normally The extender allows about 18-20 inches of push away from the securing point It works well and I’ve been using it for years on the Wye

IMG_0037.jpeg

Back