• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

W R Products Speedia arbors

Clive Shipman

Senior Member & Supporter
ARBOR SET FOR NARROW AND WIDE SPOOL
W.R.PRODUCTS SPEEDIA CENTREPIN REELS​

As most of you know I’m always surrounded by centrepin reels having used and sold reels for years. I currently run a centrepin Facebook group with my friend Giles https://m.facebook.com/groups/252715818800717/?ref=share Centrepin reels for sale swap and trade.
and he has cleverly designed some arbours for Speedia’s. Uniquely designed 3D printed arbors for WR Speedia narrow and wide drum spools with a difference, offering up to 30% + line retrieval rate.
Also replacement 3d printed springs for TFG Classic centrepin reels
Features of the new arbors that have been designed:​
Increase line retrieval by 30% + for the wide and 20% + for the narrow version.
Ported and ventilated for easy drying.
Improved line lay on a flat surface which stops the kinking on the pillars and adds to the rigidity of the spool.

AVAILABLE IN BLACK OR GREY
SIMPLE YET EFFECTIVE “O” RING SYSTEM THAT REDUCES CHANCE OF LINE GETTING BEHIND THE SPOOL CAUSING NO END OF PROBLEMS AND POSSIBLY AN EARLY TRIP HOME...
WIDE SPOOL VERSION IS INVISIBLE FORM FRONT OF THE REEL WHEN FITTED.
SPECIFICATIONS:
ARBOR KIT FOR NARROW SPOOL SPEEDIA:
WEIGHT 21.5GR FITTED, INCREASES LINE RETRIEVE BY 55MM/TURN
20% + HIGHER LINE RETRIEVE RATE
ARBOR KIT FOR WIDE SPOOL SPEEDIA:
WEIGHT 42GR FITTED, INCREASES LINE RETRIEVE BY 75MM/TURN
30% + HIGHER LINE RETRIEVE RATE
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE ARBOR KIT?
Each kit comprises of a two part arbor for either narrow or wide drum Speedia centrepin reel (please state your choice when ordering), two O-rings to use and another “O”ring as a spare.
We shall also include 2 LINE LOCKA (video on our Facebook page) self-adhesive/hot glue line holders (more info below)
The price is £25 per kit plus postage of £5.19
Please see the photos and video made by Giles on our Facebook page showing how easy it is to fit the arbor kit.

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FORCE THE ARBOR TO FIT IN ANY WAY....
If your Speedia is damaged in anyway, there is still hope to get it back on the water with these kits. Although I had to design them for straight reels in good condition for obvious reasons, the arbors can be carefully sanded or cut to fit any “obstacle”, warped/bent spool, or bent/missing pillar(s). TO MAKE NARROWER, LAY A SHEET OF SANDPAPER A TABLE AND RUB THE ARBOR ON THE SANDPAPER KEEPING LEVEL UNTIL YOU REACH THE DESIRED AMOUNT TO REMOVE CHECKING OCASSIONALLY AS YOU SAND IT.
TFG CENTREPIN REPLACENT 3D PRINTED RATCHET/CLICKER SPRING
As anyone knows who has owned a TFG centrepin reel, the design, longevity and strength ratchet spring was their weakness and downfall due to the cheap steel used to make them.
You used to be able to get replacements directly from TFG for about £3-4 each plus postage, but now they no longer stock them. TFG springs are £8 for 2 plus postage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240504-192152~2.png
    Screenshot_20240504-192152~2.png
    792 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20240504-192251.png
    Screenshot_20240504-192251.png
    580.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Just a note please read through these are designed for straight reels.

Videos available on our Facebook page.

Have you got any spare bits to reassemble the ratchet on a TFG Clive? I mean the sliding switch on the backplate etc.

Have you got any spare bits to reassemble the ratchet on a TFG Clive? I mean the sliding switch on the backplate etc.
The spring is fitted using the 2 x existing screws but I don't have the sliding switch.

Just the spring

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240504-205615.png
    Screenshot_20240504-205615.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
Clive, re the Speedia arbour, how well have they performed (assume you've tested them)? They look well made, but they also look very shallow. They don't look dissimilar to the Hardy Conquest arbour shape actually.

In tests they worked very well (the figures on line retrieval alone show how it benefits). So far we have sold around 20 kits and everyone seems very happy. The wide drum is shallower than the narrow (due to the nature of the the reels build) but we obviously judged the hight on only using 100 to 150yrds of line. And we hope those who trot with their Speedias would see a big benefit. On our Facebook page there's a video showing you instalation and giving a better a view of how they look.

In tests they worked very well (the figures on line retrieval alone show how it benefits). So far we have sold around 20 kits and everyone seems very happy. The wide drum is shallower than the narrow (due to the nature of the the reels build) but we obviously judged the hight on only using 100 to 150yrds of line. And we hope those who trot with their Speedias would see a big benefit. On our Facebook page there's a video showing you instalation and giving a better a view of how they look.
I'm not on BookFace sadly. If I owned a Speedia I might well give it a go though.

Definitely the way forward. Most pins drastically fail on drum diameter for me as a float trotter. It’s quite shocking how much dead time you have bringing floats back in a full days session. Anything to reduce this slightly can definitely put more fish on the bank when they are having it.

Back