• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Vorter air guides

Roger of peregrine, informed me that fuji are no longer supplying black framed fuji k series rings that I wanted on a couple of new builds he's doing for me, don't know if that's anything to do with the original topic above?
Components are getting to be a nightmare in acquiring according to Roger...

Not like for like but Kigan 3D in black are still available.

I’ve often wondered how much weight they would save on a float rod.

Minima do float guides and while I hate the idea of the poxy things, the reduced weight over 15-17 guides and the fact the bores are bigger, they could be (dare I say) brilliant for trotting. I’d imagine single legged high stand offs would be quite vulnerable in minima

I’ve often wondered how much weight they would save on a float rod.

Minima do float guides and while I hate the idea of the poxy things, the reduced weight over 15-17 guides and the fact the bores are bigger, they could be (dare I say) brilliant for trotting. I’d imagine single legged high stand offs would be quite vulnerable in minima
I remember on a 20mm, the weight difference between a minima style ring and Fuji sic is nearly 2g, considering the size difference, I would guess 10-15g for 15-17 rings.

I remember on a 20mm, the weight difference between a minima style ring and Fuji sic is nearly 2g, considering the size difference, I would guess 10-15g for 15-17 rings.
If you can shave 3-4g off the tip section that is really quite significant and something you’ll definitely feel in difference especially on a rod of 15 or more feet

Must have been that coating
The DNPS reel seats on my X1s chipped after a couple of sessions- mildly irritating but didn’t cost me any pike
I think Lumby changed to gunmetal on my baitblasters as they are fine
Had centres come of out Fuji rings , others have lasted for decades
I’ll swerve Vortex airs as I need durable rings and these one severely bending didn’t impress me . That said it was single leg and I’ve always preferred double legs just for durability
The Atlas deep draw rings with the cupped insert that MT fits on a lot of rods have been excellent to date

I've got Pac Bay Minima rings on my C3's and they've been spot on. They do look flimsy and wouldn't have been my choice, but they haven't let me down.
Might have changed Joe but the pac bays use to grove I’ve not had it bought reports out there they did

Back