• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tench 2024

I've searched it on Google maps and nowt comes up. Hibaldstow comes up(about 40 mile) but no hibaldstow lakes? Do you have a grid reference or what 3 words reference?
Brian has come to my rescue with location, thanks Brian 👍, I’ve never fished it myself but I know that there has been a Tenchfishers Fish-In on there for at least the past two years. I believe it’s quite prolific with tincas to seven pound. I can as k the TF local RO for more info if you’d like me to Andrew
PS
Next Tenchfishers “do” on there is at end of May. The larger of the two lakes has the better Tench in it and it’s on day ticket 👍

Last edited:
Anyone know of any decent tench ponds around South Yorkshire /north Derbyshire area. I've got the Scunthorpe book but there main tench water doesn't open till the 16th😠
Just in case you are a member for their Barbel fishing, Ashfield Angling Club control Nostell Priory which I’m told is a useful Tench fishery Andrew. If you aren’t a member don’t trouble yourself looking! There are over three thousand (3000) names on the waiting list dating back to 2019

Cheers for the info lads. I'll give it a go when work dies down a bit.
And yes Bill if your mate can point me in the right direction re bait and method it might be handy....never have to much info on a new water

A smidgeon under 8Ib today…happy with that for a male fish. Unfortunately not on the float but on the method feeder, really struggling so far on the float, think there not coming into the margins just yet maybe?
IMG_0049.jpeg

Back