• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Huge tackle auction

Even the scruffy old road signs sold 😂
When I first moved up to Norfolk 20 odd years ago I used to frequent a "Country Auction". It was hilarious. The stuff that sold....forks with tines missing, buckets with holes in the bottom, wooden fence posts riddled with worm!! I confess to buying some rubbish myself just because it was cheap! Sadly, the auction is no more, in its place a large Tesco store ☹️

Oh dear. I've just read the hammer prices of the items sold at the Perth Auction yesterday. Some buyers got real bargains! There were boxes of books selling for a fiver! 🤨 Hardy rods for £30! Obviously no idea of condition, but if these items were being sold in London they would have fetched more I'm sure. Still good luck to the buyers as they will do very well if they intend to sell on even allowing for auction charges!
Yep the hammer prices were 20 or 30 pounds regardless of items. I don't deal much but I sold a few old cane rods for 100 plus £s .I have only bought one rod at an auction in Cirencester. It was a glass float trotter with a spliced tip. It commemorated the marriage of Charles and Diana c/w with their heads logo on the butt. Not sure what happened to it possibly the local tip.

Back